Friday, December 30, 2016

Goals for 2017

Seeing as tomorrow is New Year's Eve, and I'm just getting back active on the blog, it seems like the perfect time to talk about goals.

Something I've learned in my time off from writing is that you should never set goals that you don't have complete control over. I'm a big fan of setting goals. Always have been. However, I've been known to set a few that at least had elements that were beyond my control. That's a dangerous game to play, and if you're as goal driven as I am, it can cause a big spiral down a long path that's dark and full of brambles. That's not the kind of place I want to be.

So, this year my focus will be on goals entirely within my control.


Holly's 2017 Writing Goals:

1. Finish revisions on my current project.
2. Find a title for said current project that I actually like.
3. Once it is as perfect as I can make it, query the revised project.
4. Finish a draft of the new project I've been outlining/drafting.
5. Outline that other new project I've been stewing on.
6. Start another draft or round of revisions or both!
7. Remember to enjoy myself.
8. Settle into a blogging routine.
9. Stay active on Twitter.
10. Reconnect with old friends and make some new ones.


What about you guys? Do you have a list of writing goals for the new year? I'd love to hear about them!

No comments: