Hehe. I've had that song stuck in my head for days. DAYS.
In preparing for the coming holidays, I'm thinking a lot about lists and goals. What to get Super Spawn for Christmas (Way too much, that's what!), who to buy for, what to buy, card lists. The sheer magnitude of list makeage in my life has come to an all time high. (And that's saying something because I LOVE making lists. I make them for everything.)
Naturally, this has bled over into my writing life. I do this a lot, you guys should have expected it. ;)
I'm thinking of goals to reach over the holidays, goals for the spring, and overall goals for the year. The problem with these lists is that a lot of things are out of my control. Most of them are within my personal sphere of control (which is where I like them), but some...well, they're not. (Both writing and non-writing.)
That freaks me out. *shudders* Back to happy thoughts.
Christmas! Trees! Lights! SANTA!!
Okay, better now. Back to the real topic. Goals, aka my wish list.
My Christmas Writing Wish List:
- I want to make the time to get through all my round-one revisions of the WIP by the end of December. The ones that have to be done before I can send them to Susan because they SUCK. lol
- I want to start outlining book two for the WIP's sequel.
- It'd be super great if Santa would bring me a Shiny New Idea.
- Get a good, basic query letter shaped for WIP to give it time to percolate.
- Find a comparable novel for WIP. This is proving much harder than I expected.
That's it! My goals -- er, wishes -- for December.
What are your goals this month? Are you working on your New Year's Goals (or Resolutions, whichever they may be) yet?