Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Book Recommendation -- The Liar Society

The Liar Society
By Lisa and Laura Roecker

The Liar Society (The Liar Society, #1)


Blurb from Goodreads: "Kate Lowry didn't think dead best friends could send e-mails. But when she gets an e-mail from Grace, she’s not so sure.

To: KateLowry@pemberlybrown.edu
Sent: Sun 9/14 11:59 PM
From: GraceLee@pemberlybrown.edu
Subject: (no subject)

Kate,
I'm here…
sort of.
Find Cameron.
He knows.
I shouldn't be writing.
Don't tell.
They'll hurt you.

Now Kate has no choice but to prove once and for all that Grace’s death was more than just a tragic accident. But secrets haunt the halls of her elite private school. Secrets people will do anything to protect. Even if it means getting rid of the girl trying to solve a murder..."



This book is so much fun!  I blew through the three hundred some odd pages at lightning speed trying to figure out all the clues and solve the mystery of Grace's email.  Talk about a page turner!  The mystery of a dead best friend is one that had me glued to the pages.  I just. couldn't. put. it. down.


Kate, the MC, was an awesome character.  One minute I'd be laughing at her offhanded snark, and the next I'd have fat alligator tears rolling down my cheeks.  There were moments I squirmed through an embarrassing scene right along with Kate, and you can bet when she felt slighted, so did I.  The Roecker sisters did an amazing job delivering an emotional punch.  It wasn't just Kate either, all of the characters had voices that pop off the page at you.  Seth was one of my favorite with his need to ask five million questions a minute, and his determination to find a conspiracy in everything.  He was such a cute character I wanted to ask him to be MY best friend!  lol


If you enjoy a good mystery with characters that are engaging and well-rounded (not to mention the killer plot!), this is the book for you.  

I highly recommend.

No comments: