Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Road Trip Wednesday -- Really, again?

It has been a while since I've joined in on the Road Trip, but this weeks topic sucked me in.  :)


This Week's Topic:
What themes, setting, motifs, scenes, or other elements do you find reoccurring in your work?

Something that always seems to crop up in my stories is a forest.  Like, trees, bushes, animals...yeah.  Why?  Well, I guess it's because I've lived around the forest my whole life.  I've always had this sense of wonder when venturing into the great unknown depths of the woods.  My dad used to teach my sister and I ways to find safe food and water if we ever got lost.

http://wikitravel.org/upload/shared//thumb/9/97/ANF_landscape01.jpg/280px-ANF_landscape01.jpg

Which, I suppose was a real possibility looking back.  We were always out there running and playing, hiding behind the giant palmettos so we could jump out and surprise one another.  Heck, my best friend lived out in the middle of the forest, and we'd venture off for hours trying to discover new things.  So, yeah.

I also happen to live next to a forest that has a bit of legend surrounding it.  That's a story for another time though.

What about you?  Do you find reoccurring things in your writing?

Also, don't forget to go visit the Read for Relief auction!  Our YA Super Critique Pack is up!

No comments: