Thursday, September 1, 2011

MyNoWriMo

My Novel Writing Month

That's right.  Today marks the beginning of my very personal Novel Writing Month.  Because I'm too impatient to wait for November.  It happens every year, folks.  Last year it was October, this year September, next year...who knows?  August I guess.  ;)  November just takes too long to get here.

I've got a killer story idea, a solid outline, character outlines, a string of pre-planned clues to lay, and a final decision on POV.  (A huge thanks to my amazing writer buddies for helping me riddle out the pros and cons of POV for this story, by the way.  I don't know what I'd do without you guys!!)

Thanks to Savannah Foley's amazing post on Let the Words Flow, I even have an awesome spreadsheet to track my daily wordcount and goals.

LET'S DO THIS!!

I'm going to see if I can find a widget of some sort to put my status on the blog...we'll see what I come up with.

Do you guys like setting goals for yourself this way?  I find it incredibly motivating.

No comments: