Thursday, June 10, 2010

Book Recommendation - Impossible

Impossible
By Nancy Werlin


Blurb from Goodreads: "When seventeen-year-old Lucy discovers her family is under an ancient curse by an evil Elfin Knight, she realizes to break the curse she must perform three impossible tasks before her daughter is born in order to save them both."

I could barely put it down. The three tasks that Lucy is set to perform are seriously impossible. Or they seem impossible. The story brings a fairy tale curse right into main stream life without making it feel cheesy. Which I think is awesome.
Elfin Knight -- it's a totally different take than I've seen before. It was quite cool and quite creepy.

And did you see the cover? *gushes* I love the cover...I kept eyeballing it on the shelf and finally just grabbed it. A book's cover really does matter! This one totally sold me.

A very good read.

3 comments:

Renae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Renae said...

Thanks for the review! I'm always on the look out for more books to add to the list. Great blog, just started following!

Holly Hill said...

Glad to have you Renae!