Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday Fun

Turns out I'm a cupcake!! See! (It's because of my affection for exclamation points, isn't it?)


Holly's Result: Cupcakes
on quiz: What Kind of Writerly Snack Are You?
Who: Industry insiders.
When: To celebrate. To sob. At meetings. Whenever anyone's headed out for an errand - Hey! Grab me a Sprinkles on your way back!

Why: Tender cake and lush frosting? Yes, please. You know what makes the publishing world go 'round.


Fun quiz! Thank you YAHighway for always bringing the awesome! It seems fitting -- we're having cupcakes at Super Spawn's party tomorrow.




On another note...don't you love it when your crit partner is EXACTLY right and you have to go back and change a bajillion things in your MS?

I do!! lol Sure, it's work, but it's so worth it. A special shout out and thanks goes to Susan today! She is so right.

Cupcakes for her too!


Okay, before I get distracted by more yummy snack talk. Most helpful post this week came from agent Mary Kole at Kidlit.com. This post is about tricking yourself for better revisions. A genius idea, really. She says to change the font on your MS and print the pages. It makes you slow down because the words look different, which helps you see errors more easily.

I'm totally trying it, once I finish this round of revisions, for a final polish.

That's all for today! Have a great weekend, my lovelies, and I'll see you on Monday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mmmm cupcakes! P.S. I have an award for you! http://wp.me/sUnjt-823