So, today, I will regale you with ways to keep yourself interested and NOT burnt out on your writing. (They work for me anyway.)
- Take a break if you need it- I list this first for a reason. Sometimes you just really do need a short break from your WIP to recharge your batteries. As long as you come back to it, it may do you a world of good.
- Post inspirational phrases near your writing space. I'm always seeing them posted on Twitter, and they really do help me keep my drive to achieve strong.
- This may sound weird, but-- outline! I really love FreeMind, and I use it to make charts of my characters, chapters, scenes, whatever else I need to keep me focused and moving forward in my WIP.
- Talk to other writers! Huge, huge, huge one! On Twitter, on blogs, in person -- wherever you can find a writer -- talk to them. They understand what you're going through, and may even be there themselves.
- If all else fails, take your mom, sister -- someone who will tell you they love even your crappiest writing -- your manuscript, and let them build you up. There is so much criticism (even if constructive) and rejection as a writer, sometimes all you need is someone to say, "Hey, this is really great."
And last, but certainly not least, you can always have one of these:
Sauza Gold tequila, DeKuyper Luscious Red Apple liqueur and margarita mix served over ice.