Without further ado, the writing process:
- Don't stress out over the first draft, just write it.
- Yay, I'm done! Wait, revisions? Oh, you mean more work? But I just wrote a novel!
- Realize a shortcoming- My absolute favorite word to abuse is said. Everybody said something. Just ask my crit partner- she'll nod her head and confirm that she did, in fact, have to bust me over the head with the said stick. Figuratively.
- Stress over the revisions. How many -ly words can I possibly know? I must have used them all 400 times, at least.
- Stress some more over MORE revisions. Would Mandy really say that? Come on, she's tougher than that!
- Begin enjoying revisions again. Hey, my characters are, like, people now!
- Revise again. It's fun, okay? I want to go play with my friends!
- Put it away and start something new.
- Realize you didn't know what you were thinking when you put that scene in Chapter 2 and snatch it out immediately! I mean, really, who cares about the cat? Nobody. If it's not moving the plot forward- goodbye!
- Begin to see your penchant for exclamation points. They're just so fun, and so...shiny!
- What? Stop working on it? You'll have to pry it from my cold, dead fingers!
Haha, okay so maybe the last one was a teeny bit dramatic. Just thought I'd have a bit of fun today, hope you got a giggle out of my craziness.
Today's cocktail of choice: Melon Magic
1 part Midori (melon Liqueur)
1 part Vodka
1 part Orange Juice
Lemonade to top up