Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Distracted Writer

I don't know about you guys, but this is generally what happens when I sit down to write:

Yes!  Finally time to write!  Okay, open the document.

Hmm, maybe I need a drink.  Coffee sounds good.

Now, to write!  Woo!

tap tap tap

Ooh, email.  Refresh.  Let me check my other email.  Oh, I may as well check Twitter while I'm here.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/8/2/b82406fa-5f1f-4861-a4a3-7f603c46d6a8.jpg

Right, writing.  Here we go!

tap tap ta...

I GOT AN EMAIL!

Okay, I'm really going to write now.  For real.

But maybe I need a snack.  Food will help me focus.

*munches* tap tap tap *munches* tap

Oh, I should check Query Tracker.  Look, someone is on IM I can talk to!


I swear, sometimes I think it's a miracle I get any writing done.  ;)

No comments: