Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Road Trip Wednesday -- For the Cure

Well, the cure for Writer's Block anyway.

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.




This week's topic:  How do you defeat writer's block?

http://theembarrassment.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/block.jpg


To be honest,  I don't believe in writer's block.  (Maybe that's a trick in itself!)  I have days where I can't focus or can't get the words flowing, sure.  Everyone does.  But it's not some mythical block that I have to break through.  That's not how I see it anyway.  To me, it is a sign that something isn't working.  Maybe I'm stressed or having a hard time with a plot point.  Could be that I need to get out of the house and, you know, have a life for a while to get some inspiration.

No matter what it is that's got me off kilter, I always see it as something that can be fixed.

What about you?  Do you believe in writer's block?

No comments: