Monday, July 19, 2010

Mommy Monday- When I Grow Up

When I was a kid I used to tell people I wanted to be a mommy when I grew up. Then in about middle school I decided I wanted to be a Pediatric Oncologist. Then an Explorer in the rain forests in Bangladesh, an Oceanographer, and a Marine Biologist.


In High School I thought maybe I wanted to be a teacher. In college I had NO IDEA. I majored in Philosophy and minored in English. As if I would EVER find use for a Philosophy degree.

Now, at twenty five years old, I have finally figured out what I *really* want to do with my life. I want to write.

So, what's the point? You know this, right?

I'm just being sentimental and imagining all the things Super Spawn is going to want to be when he grows up. I hope that I can inspire him to follow his deepest dreams and never give up.

The dream I held to my whole life was fulfilled just over three years ago when he came into my life. Now I have another dream to work towards, along with the dreams my own dream-come-true creates.

Isn't life amazing sometimes?

Don't forget about the Community Critique Party! Send your one page submissions to Holly (at) hddodson (dot) com with Community Critique Party in the subject line! You have until Friday at 5pm EST to get them in.

3 comments:

Erinn said...

When I was a kid I wanted to be either an actress, a teacher or a writer. I'm a teacher who acts a whole lot in the classroom and writes in her off time. Clearly I couldn't pick and didn't want to.

Candyland said...

This is such a sweet post. When I was little I wanted to be a rock star AND a veterinarian. Like the first rockanarian. We see how well that turned out...

LTM said...

LOVE it. Candy--veterinarian! That's HUGE w/the little girls over here.

And I'm polishing up my first page--looking forward to the critique party~