- Reward yourself- Any achievement deserves a celebration of some sort, whether it be a candy bar or a glass of your favorite wine. Did you meet your deadline? Celebrate! Did you finish a particularly difficult chapter? Celebrate!
- Share the experience- Talk to people! Tell your mom, sister, co-worker, the cashier at the store -- whoever! They'll be excited for you, and in turn will increase your excitement.
- Blog surf- Visit other writer blogs! You'll realize that all of us go through the same range of emotions and frustrations, and it really does help to commiserate together.
- Remember why you started writing -- because you enjoy it. Not to get published or to make millions, just because it's something you love to do.
- Don't forget to write for YOU. I know for me anyway sometimes I get blocked and can't write a darn thing on my novels and it's simply because I have too much "real life" on my mind. If I can write out my thoughts and worries, I can write my stories again. This ties right back to number four -- so don't forget to include YOU on that to-do list.
To aid in your celebrations:
Pack glass with ice. Pour the Midori in first, then add the Peach Schnapps. Fill the rest of the glass with Sprite or 7-up.