Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Road Trip Wednesday -- Why do You do it?

This week's topic over at the YAHighway is:


What's your numero-uno reason for writing?


Honestly?  I write because I have to.  

I'm sitting here trying to pinpoint just when in my life I haven't been writing *something* (even if not a novel), and I guess the only time I wasn't was...when I couldn't write.

I've always had these words swirling around in my head.  Before I wrote novels, I wrote a lot of really bad poetry, and I journaled like it was nobody's business.  Nothing felt better than ending the day by spilling all of my thoughts and emotions out on the page, and I guess that's just it.

I write because I need to, because I want to, and because I love it. 

If I didn't write, I'd be missing a piece of my heart...

http://rlv.zcache.com/bullet_hole_heart_postcard-p239467580860186731qibm_400.jpg

No comments: