Thursday, August 26, 2010

Book Recommendation- The Eternal Ones

The Eternal Ones
By Kirsten Miller




Blurb from Goodreads: " What if love refused to die? Haven Moore can’t control her visions of a past with a boy called Ethan, and a life in New York that ended in fiery tragedy. In our present, she designs beautiful dresses for her classmates with her best friend Beau. Dressmaking keeps her sane, since she lives with her widowed and heartbroken mother in her tyrannical grandmother’s house in Snope City, a tiny town in Tennessee. Then an impossible group of coincidences conspire to force her to flee to New York, to discover who she is, and who she was. In New York, Haven meets Iain Morrow and is swept into an epic love affair that feels both deeply fated and terribly dangerous. Iain is suspected of murdering a rock star and Haven wonders, could he have murdered her in a past life? She visits the Ouroboros Society and discovers a murky world of reincarnation that stretches across millennia. Haven must discover the secrets hidden in her past lives, and loves¸ before all is lost and the cycle begins again."



I really enjoyed the premise: That people can go from life to life carrying a special talent or memories. What a cool idea! I mean, why not? It could totally be true.

Anyway, I very much enjoyed the book. Haven is a very likable character and she is easy to relate to with all the trouble she has had at school through the years. I also loved that she lived in such a small town -- I grew up in one myself, and the dynamic is right on.

There were a couple of times close to the end of the book that I wished I could reach in and punch Haven in the face. She was being stupid and it made me SO MAD. It took her a bit longer than it took me to figure things out. lol  I guess that's when you know a book was really good, huh?  ;)

In the end though I was very happy with the whole story. It flowed well and the writing was great.

Definitely something to add to your list.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Good review. I've heard mixed things about this book (1/3 good, 1/3 bad, 1/3 in the middle), but you've intrigued me enough to give it a try. Thanks, Holly!