Friday, March 25, 2011

Flash Fiction Friday #3: No, really...it's me.

http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/1256705590/paperhangoverbutton.PNGIt's that time again!  My buddies over at Paper Hangover and I are doing another Flash Fiction Friday.

Here's the gist. Each week, one of us we'll give you some kind of writing prompt--it won't always be stories, just something to get those creative juices flowing. If you want to participate, just leave your link in the comments and we'll stop by and see your work. Easy, right??


This week's topic:


"In 300 words or less, write a story that begins with "It's not you, it's me..."


"It's not you, it's me, Teddy.  I just can't go on like this."  I run my hand through the wild tangle of curls I call hair.  "People are talking, Teddy.  There are whispers, and I don't think I can handle it."

I pause at turn to look at him sitting there on my bed.

"You understand, don't you?  I've got to take this chance to make my mark on the world.  Go places I've never been.  Make new friends.  And there's just...."  I sigh.  "There's just not room for you in that life."

I step toward the bed and lift my teddy bear into my arms, hugging him with all the strength I have.  "This is goodbye.  I hope you can forgive me."


Well, that was a short one today!  Hope you enjoyed it.  :)   Also, don't forget to enter my Blogoversary Giveaway!!

No comments: