Friday, March 4, 2011

Gone But Not Forgotten Blogfest!


Nothing is meant to last forever. Sometimes things run their course, and other times things are shot down in their prime. I’m talking about television shows of course.

Sadly there are many AMAZING shows no longer on the air. Does this mean we forget them? No! They will live forever through fanfiction and blogfests like this.

List your top 5 TV shows no longer making NEW episodes.

They may still be on the air but in syndication. These shows may be GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN.


1. Full House - I used to LOVE this show as a kid!  In fact, my sister's middle name will prove how much I loved it.  ;)

2. The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - Need I say more?  Really?  I think not.

3. Dinosaurs - Umm...do you remember this hilarious series?  My sister and I used to watch it with my dad.  "Not the Mama" can still be heard in our presence on occasion.

4. Gilmore Girls - I watched this aaaalll the time in college.

And I SUCK because that's all I can think of!  *hangs head in shame*  I mean, I could fill in with the obligatory Friends, but I ...well, I won't say it out loud because you'll all hate me.

Also, don't forget to check out Erinn's awesome giveaway that she's hosting!  And head over to Paper Hangover to meet the final two contributors and find out who the winners are!!


19 comments:

Amparo Ortiz said...

I am SUCH a huge Full House and Fresh Prince fan!! Whenever reruns are on, I stop whatever it is I'm doing and watch them. So. Funny.

And, uh... Uncle Jesse... *sigh*

Oh, and Gilmore Girls? Love, even though I haven't seen much of it. Caught a lot of episodes with the Rory/Dean/Jesse love triangle. Could NEVER choose!

Awesome list!

Pam Harris said...

I LOVED Fresh Prince! I think it was the first time I ever cried during a series finale--I didn't want to say goodbye to those characters! :( Quita and I still quote lines from that show: "Mind your business, that's all."

Unknown said...

Full House was great -- and we got to see those Olsen twins grow up! Love The Fresh Prince too. Great list!

Erinn said...

I KNEW someone was going to put Full House on their list.

Dinosaurs that's kicking it OLD school.


Great List. Thanks for joining in on the fun!

Claire Robyns said...

You've go a couple of my favs that I'd long since forgotten about - nice reminder

Meredith McCardle said...

I own every season of Gilmore Girls on DVD. It's the perfect cure to a crappy day! :)

Heather M. Gardner said...

Can't go wrong with Will Smith!

LTM said...

LURVED Gilmore Girls. I miss that show soooo much~ :o) <3

Hannah said...

I loved me some Fresh Prince back in the day.

And Dinosaurs!! hahahaha! i haven't seen that show in ages but I did see it on Netflix recently, maybe it's do for a rewatch.

What's wrong with Friends??

Jennifer Hoffine said...

Gilmore Girls is on my list too!

And Dinosaurs! What a great pick! We got in from the library a few years ago, and the whole family enjoyed watching/rewatching it!

Marquita Hockaday said...

OMG- Fresh Prince was awesome! Especially the last episode...did you cry, too? Wait a minute--you have something negative to say about Friends??? OR are you trying to tell me that you haven't seen Friends???

Holly Hill said...

I will neither confirm nor deny any suspicions about my viewings of Friends. ;) lol

Fresh Prince - totally cried at the last episode.

Man, this really makes me want to go watch TV! haha

Alicia Gregoire said...

Full House, Fresh Prince, AND Dinosaurs! Those 3 are awesome.

Mo said...

This is a GREAT LIST! I forgot all about Dinosaurs! And Full House/Fresh Prince were awesome. They make most of the sitcoms on today look like blech.

Ghenet Myrthil said...

I loved Full House and Fresh Prince. And Dinosaurs! I haven't thought about that show in FOREVER!! Thanks for bringing back the memories. :)

Laura Howard said...

Wow, I totally miss Gilmore Girls! I didn't even think of that one. I miss the days of looking forward to a certain day of the week to watch a show. Now, with DVR and On Demand, it's not the same.

Mara Nash said...

Who doesn't adore the Fresh Prince, right?!

KatOwens: Insect Collector said...

Yes I remember Dinosaurs-- why didn't that one last longer!?

Susan said...

Oh wow...DINOSAURS...that brings me back.

I think the show I miss the most is ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT. Oh, and VERONICA MARS.