Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The WIAWAB Blogfest

You know that Samurai with Blue Lipstick you see running about here and there?  Well, in her supreme awesomeness, she is hosting the most amazing blogfest today that I am proud to take part in. May I present the:

When I Actually Write A Book, You Will Be Acknowledged Blogfest.

Or, WIAWAB Acknowledgements Blogfest.



March 30 write an acknowledgement blurb for 12 people, with 12 reasons. But not just ANY twelve people:
  • 3 people you know IRL.
  • 3 people you know online.
  • 1 person who has died.
  • 1 person you never met.
  • 1 person you met once.
  • 1 couple (so, 2 people).
  • 1 author. 

I'm going to be serious with mine, because I'm in a serious mood.  :)  So, fair warning.


Acknowledgements:

There are so many people to thank, even so early in my writing journey.  I'd like to start by thanking my sister.  Not only is she my shoulder to lean on, but she has been there since I put the first word to the page of my first novel, never wavering in her dedication to cheering me on.

My son, who is my ever-present inspiration.  Any time I feel like giving up, I look at him and find the strength to keep going.  I don't want to tell him he can do anything, I want to show him.

I'd also like to thank my brother, Robby.  Even though he's no longer with us, he has inspired me more than words can ever express.  It's through the sorrow of losing him that I found the thing that makes me happiest.  I miss him every day.

An extreme amount of thanks and love goes out to my critique partner and beta readers, Susan, Erinn, Alicia, and Katherine.  You guys are amazing.  I'm so lucky that I get to call you all my friends.  Without you there to run to when I'm having a freakout moment, I don't know what I'd do.  And, let's face it, my writing would suck without you too.

To JK Rowling, thank you for showing me that even though I may be struggling now, it doesn't mean I can't go for my dreams.

Jessica Sinsheimer, the first literary agent I ever met in real life, thank you for being so kind and encouraging.  At the beginning of my journey, (which is where I was at the time) I really needed that.

Thanks to my mom and step-dad for listening to me constantly ramble about all things literary, even though they had no idea what any of it meant.  And thanks to my (other) brother for always remembering to ask how the writing is coming.  It means more than you know.

No comments: