Thursday, May 26, 2011

Another Day, Another Twist

I was going to give you another book recommendation today (because I read a really good one this week), but that will have to wait.

Sad news from a friend came this morning, and it has me in a thoughtful mood.  Life is strange, isn't it?  One instant you're planning your future, full of hope and joy and trust, and in the blink of an eye, everything changes.

The whole world shifts to conspire against you, one act of awful right after another.


Sometimes life feels like this, huh?  (credit)

Things like this always bring me back around to thinking about karma and religion and the finer principles of luck.  Don't worry, I'm not going to start spouting them off -- I know it'd bore you to tears.  ;)  But it does make me stop and ponder why bad things always seem to happen to genuinely good people.  I know it's not true for everyone, but I've seen a lot of it in my life.

It's actually something I've considered writing about -- The Karma Effect so to speak.  Would life really be better if good things only happened to good people, and bad things to bad people? 

I don't know.  But it's strange how life can lead you away from a thought and circle you right back around to it.  Maybe I should revisit that premise.  :)

Anyway, I'm not sad or anything, just full of philosophical thoughts.  Do you have days like that?  Days where you can't help but try and riddle through the secrets of the universe in your head?

No comments: