Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday Fives -- Revise Me!

Every Friday, the Paper Hangover crew gives a prompt for Friday Fives.  Join in and link up on their post to see what everyone says!

This week's topic:


I'm going with revising, because they definitely do not require the same things.  :D

1.)  My printed manuscript -- I cannot do serious revisions without a hard copy of my MS.

2.)  Colored pens -- I use a different color pen for different types of comments.

3.)  Colored post-it flags -- They coordinate with my colored pens.  ;)  It's a system.

4.)  Sweet tarts -- Just because they're delicious.

5.)  Quiet -- When I write, I do better around noise.  I like to write in restaurants particularly because of the snatches of conversation, gestures, and general atmosphere seem to seep into my writing, making it richer.  But when I revise I need my full attention focused on the task at hand.

What about you?  What do you need when revising?

No comments: