Monday, May 23, 2011

Sometimes it Works

credit
Never be afraid to try something new.

So as I mentioned last week, I've been pretty much forcing myself into a cold-writing habit.  When I sit down to the WIP I don't read any more than the last sentence or two before I pick up and run with the story.

And it's working.

The flow of the story feels more natural, the characters are very in control of what's happening.  That's a good thing.  I like my characters to drive the story...I just steer them back on track if they wander off.  lol

I'm not spending a whole lot of time writing right now, I've just got too much going on, but when I do sit down -- even if for only twenty minutes -- I can plow through a few hundred words.  I did write a short little synopsis of this new take on the story and I think that helped too.  Now I can see where I'm heading without feeling constricted by an outline.  I like that.

We'll see how it goes.  I'm going to keep it up for sure.

Have you tried anything new in your writing routine lately?  Have any secrets you'd like to share?  ;)

No comments: