Monday, May 16, 2011

Discoveries

A whole week without blogging.  Guys, that's the first time in over a year I've gone a whole week without posting.  But I'll be honest, I feel so refreshed now!  Coming up with something clever to say every day on the blog is, well, hard.  So it was nice to be able to shut that portion of my brain off for a while.

Hope you didn't mind too much.  Although, I noticed blogger failed for a couple days last week anyway, so in reality, it was a perfect week for me to NOT be stressing about getting a post up.  Haha.

Anyway, in my week sans blog, I might have noticed something.  Okay, I did notice something: without the pressure and structure I try to force into my writing life, the words flow a heck of a lot easier.

By nature I'm a very organized, list-making, OCD type person.  But with my newest WIP (along with my break from blogging) I've realized that the more I plan, the more I plot and shape and chart and schedule, the harder it is to put words to page.

My creativity does not fit in a box.  It can't be contained by outlines and schedules.  That's just not how I work.  And that's okay.  (Not that it's a bad thing.  It just doesn't work for me.)







So, I'm gonna give it a shot.  I'm not going to try and blog certain things on certain days unless it sparks my creativity to do so.  ;)  And that outline I had for the WIP?  (Granted, it was a rather generic outline.  I just can't do them, yo. lol)  It's in the trash.

Let the words fly!

Have you had any personal discoveries lately?

No comments: