Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Road Trip Wednesday - Goals and Rewards

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.



This Week's Topic:
How do you reward yourself when you meet your writing goals?
 
 

 Most of you probably know how much I like setting goals for myself.  I'm a firm believer in defining clear, obtainable objectives and then blasting the deadline to smithereens.  
goal setting activities

I like explosions, okay?


Half of my reward of reaching a goal is that satisfaction.  The, "Ha.  I did it.  And I did it even better than I planned."



But I do have certain other rewards planned.  Usually for finishing a first draft I have a girls night out with my sister.  Mexican food, margaritas, and mayhem.  First drafts are hard, so they get big rewards.

I give myself mini rewards of candy and chocolate when I finish rounds of revisions.  When I finish, finish a novel, I reward myself with a bottle of my favorite wine.  :)  Yum.



The one really huge promise I've made myself is that when I get published, I get a trip to New York.  And I'm taking Super Spawn and my sister with me because they've been my unending support through this whole journey.  I've never been to NYC, but always wanted to go, so this is a really huge reward for me.


What about you guys?  How do you reward yourselves?

No comments: