Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Super Spawn!

My sweet boy turned four years old yesterday.  Four!  I can't believe the time has gone so quickly, but in the same breath I can't imagine ever being without him.  I'm not even sure who I was before I became his mom.

*Pardon me while I get all sentimental and mushy.  Feel free to skip over it. lol*

It's funny how children change you.  The day (well, night) Super Spawn was born I swear the whole world shifted.  I felt a jolt run through me when they laid him on my chest, changing me forever.  I was no longer the timid, shy girl who let people run over her.  I had morphed into Super Mom, ready to slay anyone who dared glance at my baby the wrong way.

Then it seemed like every day I surprised myself.  I was different.  I don't think I realized it in my sleepless daze, but I was stronger.  Ready to take on the world with a different outlook.  And every day after that I've grown.

Super Spawn pushes me to achieve my dreams without even knowing it.  He has taught me the true meaning of happiness and love by doing nothing more than being himself.  In his short four years of life, Super Spawn has helped me become the person I always wanted to be.  And I'm so thankful that I have him.

Happy birthday, sweet boy.  Mommy loves you.

No comments: