Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My Brain Hurts

My head is full to the point of bursting this morning.  You ever have those days?  So many thoughts swirl around up there at the same time, you're surprised they don't leak out your ears. 

Yeah.  That's me today.

Just a warning -- this is nothing about writing this morning.  It's purely mommy pride. 

Along with the revisions I've been working on, I've also been trying to figure out what kind of music lessons Super Spawn should start for a while now.

My gut reaction was piano, but kiddo has other ideas.

We've been watching lots of videos (thank you YouTube) of kids playing instruments and getting lessons to give him an idea of what it's like.  Well, something clicked.  We were watching a little girl play piano when Super Spawn points to the side of the screen and says, "WHAT is that?"

I click the video and explain to him that it's a little boy playing a violin.  It was a five-year-old playing in a huge concert hall.  So Super Spawn announces, "I'm going to play that.  I want a violin.  That's going to be me."  Then he shoved a t-shirt under his chin and held his little hands out and pretended to play.

http://www.passionate-about-violins.com/images/Child-haybale.jpg

And he has asked me every other minute since if I've bought him a violin yet.  lol

I played piano when I was a kid, so I'm not too sure what to expect from a violin, but I'm going to let him try.  :)  I'm excited that he's so enthusiastic.  Any words of wisdom for me out there?

No comments: