Friday, July 29, 2011

Friday Fives (16) - Line Up!



I didn't think to do these at home last night (woops) so I'm going from my Nook library and what I can find online. Hope I don't screw any of them up.  Anyway, all of them have something in common -- they make you immediately curious about the situation and are full of voice.

1) From THE GODDESS TEST - "I spent my eighteenth birthday driving from New York City to Eden, Michigan, so my mother could die in the town where she was born." 

2) From DELIRIUM - "It has been sixty-four years since the president and the Consortium identified love as a disease, and forty-three since the scientists perfected a cure."

3) From IF I STAY - "Everyone thinks it was because of the snow."

4) From THE HUNGER GAMES - "When I wake up, the other side of the bed is cold."

5) From HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER'S STONE (of course) - "Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much."

What about you, what are your favorites?

No comments: