Friday, July 1, 2011

Friday Fives -- It was a dark and stormy night...



Ah, cliches.  Fun aren't they?  These little landmines are super easy to fall into, but they can create quite a mess to be cleaned up.  I don't even know if everyone would consider these cliches really, but hey, it's my list so I'll make it what I want.  :P

1) Opening with a dream.  -  Er... Been there, done that.  I think if done right, this can be a powerful beginning to a novel.

2) The prologue -  They get a bad rap, but I will hold to the fact that they can also significantly impact a novel in a good way.

3) The shy girl who takes a stand and turns her life around and winds up in all-out butt kicking awesomeness.

4) The bad boy.  I will always love the bad boy.

5) Fairy tales -  I don't care how many fairy tales are written or rewritten, loved or hated, my heart belongs to that happily ever after.

What are your favorites?

No comments: