Friday, April 2, 2010

Book Recommendation - The Forest of Hands and Teeth

The Forest of Hands and Teeth
By Carrie Ryan


Oh. My. God.

I was hooked from the start with this book. First of all because it came highly recommended, and secondly because of the premise. An apocalyptic world filled with zombies. What's not to love? The zombies, they seriously scare me. I think I'll hear the moans and see them moving in shadows for the next decade at least. I'm a chicken.

Still, zombies and all, I couldn't put this book down. It kept me up well past my self-imposed bedtime, and hungering for more all day at work. I finished it in two days despite my work, child, writing, editing...and that says something.

At times Mary, the protagonist, is extremely selfish and utterly self-absorbed, but I still love her. Even when I hate her for the things she says or does, I'm wishing I could hug her and say it'll all be okay.
All in all, it's an excellently written book with a fresh voice and twist on the world. I'd totally recommend reading it, and will be hitting the book store this weekend to pick up its sequel The Dead Tossed Waves.

No comments: