Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Super Thrilled

You may, or may not, have noticed that I added a new Write or Die widget. It's at the top right if you didn't. I'm making my goal and progress public to inspire me to keep hard at work.

I am so uber excited about this new project. It's a totally intense story about a sixteen year old demon slayer on a mission to infiltrate the White House and save her nephew. The entire book is going to take place over the span of a few hours. It got me thinking though, how do people write stories that aren't at least part fantasy? I just don't think I could do it. My imagination tends to run wild at every turn dreaming up crazy creatures and events. But hey, more power to ya if you can do it. I've accepted the fact that I'll forever be the fantasy chick, and I'm cool with that.

On another note, I've been using the Write or Die website to force myself to do some crazy writing. Boy does it work! Every time my mind starts wandering it snaps me back to reality and forces me to trudge on for fear of evil retribution. Which, I still don't know what the retribution is, I've never failed to meet the goal. See...totally works.

I'll admit, I don't always have much time to write, so my book isn't going to explode into finality in a month. But, this helps me stay focused and on target in the small amounts of time I do have.

What do you use to stay productive? I need something to whip me into shape, or I'll stay on twitter and blogs all day long.

No comments: