Friday, April 16, 2010

Book Recommendation - Catching Fire

Catching Fire
By Suzanne Collins




I found the book vastly enjoyable, and once again I was guessing at every turn. I absolutely love Suzanne Collins writing style, she pulls you right down into the action with Katniss and Peeta. Every second you can't wait to find out what happens next, and who will live to the end. Completely enthralling.

I will say, the ending was a shock.  I am looking forward to the final book in the series Mockingjay which is due out in August.

Is it August yet? No? Dang.

(Am now totally addicted to this series and want more.)

2 comments:

Susan said...

I was disappointed with Catching Fire too... I thought the pacing was way off. Lots of build up and then we just fly through the games and climax. I still consumed Catching Fire in one sitting, and you can be sure I'll be reading the last book, but still...

Sometimes I wonder if the editing is skimpy for these sorts of series books that are due on deadlines -- like how the last Harry Potter was no way near as well edited as the first ones. Or maybe not. :) One day, Holly, when we're famous, we'll have to make sure our sequels live up to the first books.

Holly Hill said...

Susan, you are so right. We'll make a deal, no matter how famous we get- no slacking on the critting! lol