Friday, April 9, 2010

Frazzled Mom Brain

I had this whole post planned for today about managing writing as a parent. Complete with pictures of my Super Spawn in his Superman shirt. Then I forgot my SD card. Darn you frazzled mom brain!! I shake my fist at you!
Okay, now that's out of my system.

So, for today, I'm going to give you my list of resources. Blogs, websites, and general tips that I've learned along the way. A few of my favorites...

Blogs by Agents:

Dystel & Goderich Literary Agency

Getting Past the Gatekeeper


Nathan Bransford

Neverending Page Turner

Janet Reid


Writers/Authors with excellent info:


YA Highway

Kate Hart

Kaitlin Ward

Write or Die

Wonderings, Wanderings, and Writing


Tips from me (because I'm cool like that):


1. Join Twitter- Yeah, yeah, cry all you want. I didn't wanna do it either but it is seriously useful. Follow agents, publishers, writers, bloggers, editors...you will get loads and loads of helpful info!

2. Join a group- I write young adult, so I joined YALitchat (see link on the right). There are all kinds of groups for getting your pages critiqued to finding crit partners (Hi Susan!) to getting your query in shape. So run, don't walk, and join.

3. Get a website- Everything I've heard and read says start building your online presence NOW. Don't wait for a book release date, by then it's a little late to be building an audience. You want to meet people you can pass ARCs to for reviews and people anxiously awaiting that fresh new hardback (sigh...I love hardback books). These people will be the ones that go tell their friends to read, which is how books sell.

Well my lovelies, that's all for today. I will be back on Monday, hopefully with the pictures, and lots more words for my WIP. Be safe and enjoy the sun!

No comments: